Senior Sales Consultant
Celect is a venture-backed company based in Boston with the mission of bringing science to the art of retail. Celect has built a SaaS cloud-based predictive platform that provides actionable insights to retailers by understanding how their customers choose. Founded by MIT professors and based on award winning science on choice modeling, Celect has built an experienced team of data scientists and retail experts, and a development team that is changing the way retailers make decisions. We are looking for smart, hard-working, and fun colleagues ready to join us for the ride of their career.
About the Job
The Senior Sales Consultant’s primary responsibility is to represent Celect’s Inventory Optimization platform to prospects and customers in a way that builds credibility and trust in Celect's technology while addressing any objections and hurdles in the sales cycle.
- Articulate and present the unique approach and value of Celect towards improving the results retailers see in their business.
- Work with prospect’s key stakeholders in merchandising and planning areas to learn about their current tools and processes, and convey how Celect’s solutions would apply.
- Proactively broaden and deepen relationships with prospects and customers by working with varying levels of their business and technical team members.
- Manage all technical aspects of the sales cycle: creating high quality professional presentations, delivering highly interactive and compelling demos, coordinate proof of concepts, differentiate Celect from competition, answering RFI, RFPs, etc.
- Share product and solution knowledge with internal teams and shared communities.
- A track record of success selling a growing SaaS solution.
- Minimum 4+ years of client facing experience in a pre-sale or post sales capacity (Sales Engineer, Solutions Consultant) with a retail-oriented technology provider, Enterprise Analytics vendor, Professional Services firm, an internal strategy/analytics group of a F100, or similar environment.
- A strong customer focus, expertise in business analytics and/or retail systems, with experience in SAAS-delivered solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to distill and convey simple solutions to complex problems and communicate that solution to the business and technical teams.
- Comfortable with consultative presentation to C-level business executives as well as detailed, in-depth discussions with a technical audience.
- Experience working in uncovering key business value metrics and formulating an ROI/TCO to help a prospect’s executive team to justify the investment.
- BA/BS in technology or equivalent experience required
- Charismatic and energetic self-starting personality
- Strong verbal, presentation, written, and organizational skills with a passion for winning
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time, for usually 1-2 days per visit to support prospects, partners and industry events.
- Understanding of retail industry business processes, roles, and terminology. (Nice to have)
- Working knowledge of SQL, Data Visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, Lumira), BI tools (OBIEE, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Cognos). (Nice to have)
- Background in computer science, analytics, data science, statistics, applied math, operations research, machine learning, or cloud computing. (Nice to have)
- Sales methodology and Solution selling training a plus (Nice to have)
Location: California or Dallas, Texas
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.