Senior Technical Product Manager - Fulfillment Optimization
Location: Boston, MA
Celect is a venture-backed company based in Boston with the mission of bringing science to the art of retail. Celect has built a SaaS cloud-based predictive platform that provides actionable insights to retailers by understanding how their customers choose. Founded by MIT professors and based on award winning science on choice modeling, Celect has built an experienced team of data scientists and retail experts, and a development team that is changing the way retailers make decisions. We are looking for smart, hard-working, and fun colleagues ready to join us for the ride of their career.
About the Job
The Celect team is passionate about bringing truly innovative products to the market. We are focused on building something which solves a big problem in a way never done before while delivering an exceptional customer experience. As a Senior Technical Product Manager at Celect, you will be a key member of the Product Management team, responsible for working with today’s leading retail brands to help them get the full value of the Celect Optimization Platform.
The Senior Technical Product Manager needs to have a strong understanding of product mgmt./development, cloud operations, and relationship management skills in a highly technical, dynamic environment. As part of the Product Management team, you will bridge the technical and business worlds as you deliver services that our customers love. You'll collaborate closely with Product Management, User Experience and Engineering to build innovative features and solutions. You have a bias toward hands-on action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product delivery.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and evangelist for Celect’s Fulfillment Optimization product. Design repeatable integrations, and work with the Celect Engineering team to deliver amazing new capabilities.
- Interact with prospective and current customers and gather customer needs/requirements/feedback, discuss new features, and present product roadmap
- Advocate for customer needs clearly and compellingly to the rest of the product team
- Identify improvements to existing product processes; develop a strong understanding of processes and technology
- Work with Product Management, Engineering and internal stakeholders to define good confidence release deliverables for any given release
- Manage stakeholder expectations within and/or across functions
- Work closely with marketing, sales and solution engineering - deliver product briefs, train the team on new product features and capabilities and participate in pre-sale activities
- 5+ Years of Technical Product Management experience in a SAAS/Software environment.
- Previous Order Management System/Sourcing/Fulfillment experience is a huge advantage.
- Experience with REST APIs, and using them to integrate with other systems.
- Strong organizational direction, time management, problem-solving, prioritization, goal setting, leadership and motivation, negotiation, interpersonal relations, verbal/written communications.
- Ability to adapt to a fast and dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about customer outreach and research and able to understand and clearly articulate market problems
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related technical field (or equivalent) is preferred
- A sense of urgency coupled with a sense of humor
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.