Sr. Software QA Engineer
Celect is a venture-backed company based in Boston with the mission of bringing science to the art of retail. Celect has built a SaaS cloud-based predictive platform that provides actionable insights to retailers by understanding how their customers choose. Founded by MIT professors and based on award winning science on choice modeling, Celect has built an experienced team of data scientists and retail experts, and a development team that is changing the way retailers make decisions. We are looking for smart, hard-working, and fun colleagues ready to join us for the ride of their career.
About the Job
The Celect team is passionate about bringing truly innovative products to the market. We are focused on building something which solves a big problem in a way never done before while delivering an exceptional customer experience. As a Senior Software Quality Engineer at Celect, you will be a key member of the Engineering team who will thrive in a fast-paced testing environment. We are looking for someone who has a strong computer science background and experience testing in a SAAS software environment. This position is a great way to put your foot print on Celect’s QA practice and methodology. If you are interested in joining a team of passionate people who love to build products that deliver a delightful user experience, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Create, update, maintain and execute automated tests and other testing tools as needed.
- Review and triage test failures; reproduce, debug, isolate problems and verify fixes.
- Work with team to analyze code coverage using industry standard tools.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment.
- Work with minimum technical supervision or supplemental engineering/QE support.
- Be an active participant in planning and designing product features with the ability to view the application from a customer perspective and deliver a 5-star experience.
- Stay current with the latest QE best practices and share your findings with the team and Celect QE community.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
- 5+ years test automation experience including functional, REST API, and load testing.
- Hands-on experience setting up and running web test frameworks, such as Selenium.
- Ability to understand and write code in Python
- PostgreSQL, Kafka, Spark experience is a big plus
- Strong Unix/Linux background - Ubuntu preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software testing tools, defect and test case management tools.
- Experience with code coverage tools to guide test design.
- Experience investigating issues using various available tools and server logs.
- Proficiency using continuous integration tools such as Git, Jenkins.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanations
Location: Boston, MA
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.