DevOps Cloud Engineer
Celect is a venture-backed company based in Boston with the mission of bringing science to the art of retail. Celect has built a SaaS cloud-based predictive platform that provides actionable insights to retailers by understanding how their customers choose. Founded by MIT professors and based on award winning science on choice modeling, Celect has built an experienced team of data scientists and retail experts, and a development team that is changing the way retailers make decisions. We are looking for smart, hard-working, and fun colleagues ready to join us for the ride of their career.
About the Job
Technically, you will be responsible for designing and supporting our cloud environments. You will have a strong focus on automation, continuous integration, and deployment, and you have a deep understanding of the offerings within the AWS cloud technology stacks. An emphasis on security is required. Experience with log management and monitoring tools is needed, including experience with cloud native, open source, and third-party options. The ability to aggregate, correlate, and report on both logs and metrics, to use them for performance tuning and troubleshooting, and to trigger automated actions based on events or thresholds is also needed.
You will also be supporting incident resolutions as L3 support and influencing other teams to adopt the DevOps culture.
- Enforce strict compliance and security requirements informed by our customers and best practices
- Develop automated deployment and monitoring of cloud infrastructure and applications
- Automate systems configuration and orchestration using tools, such as Ansible or Salt
- Automated creation of machine images and containers
- Designing CI/CD pipelines to include application and security testing
- Implementation of availability, security, and performance monitoring and alerting
- Automate data resiliency and replication based on policies
- Management and operation of environments
- Mentor junior engineers
- Present progress reports to stakeholders
- BS degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related fields
- Experience with Python or another OOP language
- Significant experience designing, deploying, and supporting production cloud environments
- Must be experienced with cloud automation tools and technologies, such as chef or Terraform
- Must have hands-on experience with container technologies, such as Docker
- Strong understanding of IAM, cloud-based access, and security controls – experience with certificate and key management systems is desirable
- Security certifications and/or AWS certifications are a plus
- Previous work with Kafka and/or Elastic stack is a plus
- Knowledge of network protocols, DNS resolution
- Significant experience with Linux
- Excellent verbal/written communications
- Demonstrated record of meeting deadlines
Location: Boston, MA
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.