Business Development Representative
Location: Boston, MA
Celect is a venture-backed company based in Boston with the mission of bringing science to the art of retail. Celect has built a SaaS cloud-based predictive analytics platform that delivers actionable insights to retailers. Founded by MIT professors and based on patented, award winning science on choice modeling, Celect has built an experienced and energized team. We are looking for smart, hard working, and fun colleagues ready to join us for the ride of their career.
About the Job
The Celect sales team is passionate about bringing innovative products to market and building something which solves a significant problem in a way never done before. As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will be responsible for developing and handling contact with new clients, while actively building relationships through marketing activities and outbound calling. The goal of a BDR is to advance interested prospects to qualified leads, setting on-site appointments and demonstrations for the Account Executive, while working the lead to early opportunity stage.
This role reports directly to the Manager of Insides Sales.
- Generate demonstration meetings through proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management.
- Work closely with marketing to engage existing and new prospects and set meetings from qualified leads.
- Use of strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified meetings.
- Consistent use of sales approach and techniques based on product or service solutions.
- Log, track and maintain customer contact and lead contact records in Salesforce.com
- Work closely with Regional and Channel Executives, while attending customer meetings as required.
- 0-2 years of experience within an inside sales / customer capacity
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong in-person, phone and written communication skills.
- Comfort delivering formal and informal presentations to staff and clients.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts as needed.
- Strong computer skills required, including use of standard MS Office applications; knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated.
Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com.